Crystal Edge Advantage (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at our website and app. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us. We may use such information to improve our services by creating wish lists and recommending products that might be of interest to you or to publish customer reviews from time to time. We also use this information to improve our website/app, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website/app and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give to us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website/app or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you do all or any of the following: register to use our website/app, search for a product, place an order on our website/app, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site/app, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our website/app. The information you may give us may include your name, email address, mailing address and phone number. Users may, however, visit our website/app anonymously and we will only collect personal information from users if they voluntarily submit such information to us.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website/app we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer/mobile device to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including:
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time);
- products you viewed or searched for;
- page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and
- methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate or other services we provide. In this instance we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this website/app. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
3. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to improve our customer service and our website/app as the information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently;
- to personalise your experience as we may use information collected to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our site;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS and phone) or Face to Face with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- to send periodic emails to those users on our mailing list with information on company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time a user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or the user may contact us via our website;
- to notify you about changes to our service or the service of, or products available and
- to ensure that content from our website/app is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our website/app and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website/app to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure; and
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, from time to time.
We will share your Billing information and information about the orders that you place with us with the delivery service provider to facilitate delivery of your order. The delivery service provider may use your information in the same way as we use your information (as described in paragraph three above ‘Uses Made of the Information’).
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them and/or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website/app.
- Third party service providers to help us operate our business, our website our app or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, or those of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers as declared and provided by our hosting service providers. Payment transactions are secured by the mobile money service providers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
Our mobile app that connects you to our online platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, affiliates, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content on these websites and we are not responsible for the practices employed by them. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and customer support policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please carefully check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
8. CONTACT US
Last updated: 07 October 2017